Friday, January 2, 2009

"He's Here!"


At bedtime Colin loves to "hide". The moment you turn your back he dives under the covers over Big Bad Bart (yes, even his bed has a name) and giggles. Tonight I left between his story and his prayers to retrieve Tara from the next room. I returned to a pile of blankets saying "don't lay on my bed" and "look in the closet"...followed by much giggling. Of course, that was a good reminder that this too shall pass so we grabbed the camera before continuing in the game.

When I took the first shot it was simply of a mountain of covers...but the flash was too intriguing for a curious little person and his temporary lapse in concentration allowed me to get a glimpse of one silly little boy peeking to see what was going on around him.

He quickly retreated, tucking the edges down under him and narrating the appropriate places to continue my search as if I was none the wiser. Only after I feign failure (and admit my defeat by announcing that I give up) and lay down on the "empty" bed will he give up his location~in a muffled "he's here!" giggle of glee because he's once again gotten away with such a feat. So begins the dance that is Colin's Bedtime.

One day he'll be too grown up to engage in our routine of silly games and tomfoolery. Until then, I'll continue to listen to the voice from within "Big Bad Bart." If only they could just stay little...

No comments: